Engage in Professional Growth and Leadership
Teachers continuously improve their professional practice, model lifelong learning, and exhibit leadership in their school and professional community by promoting and demonstrating the effective use of digital tools and resources. Teachers:
- Participate in local and global learning communities to explore creative applications of technology to improve student learning.
- Exhibit leadership by demonstrating a vision of technology infusion, participating in shared decision making and community building, and developing the leadership and technology skills of others.
- Evaluate and reflect on current research and professional practice on a regular basis to make effective use of existing and emerging digital tools and resources in support of student learning.
- Contribute to the effectiveness, vitality, and self-renewal of the teaching profession and of their school and community.
- The first part of this standard is assessed through the Google group discussion. The group discussion tool is a way to participate in local and global learning communities. Teachers can put together groups or students to explore creative applications and improve the students learning.
- The second part of the standard is assessed through the other parts of the group project like the story, spreadsheet, PowerPoint, and survey that used the Google drive. As a group we had to work together by being efficient leaders to demonstrate a vision of technology infusion. We participated in shared decision making in order to line out the project to develop technological skills with one another.
- The third part of the standard is assessed throughout the entire blogfolio because it is a way to reflect on current research and professional practice regularly. The blogfolio was used in order to learn about emerging digital tools and incorporate existing tools to support the learning process. No work is piled up, but it is a step by step process, so the teacher can respond effectively to the students needs.
- The fourth part of the standard is assessed in the website that I created for my classroom. The website or one similar will be used in my teaching profession to contribute effectiveness, vitality, and self-renewal as a way to communicate with my students and the community that I work in.
Future Learning Goal
I hope to continue to use these principals in order to make myself the best that I can possibly be in the future. I will continue to exhibit leadership and work with others to create a positive atmosphere for myself and all of those around me. I will work to be a successful teacher to impact students and families lives.