Model Digital-Age Work and Learning
- Demonstrate fluency in technology systems and the transfer of current knowledge to new technologies and situations.
- Collaborate with students, peers, parents, and community members using digital tools and resources to support student success and innovation.
- Communicate relevant information and ideas effectively to students, parents, and peers using a variety of digital-age media and formats.
- Model and facilitate effective use of current and emerging digital tools to locate, analyze, evaluate, and use information resources to support research and learning.
Many of the documents that prove the third standards are found throughout other standards, but the movie story, blogfolio assignment, concept map, and turnitin assignment hold value in this standard.
- The movie story was used to transfer current knowledge about ourselves or something that we value and put it into a technological document. Pictures, music, and narration were all incorporated.
- The blogfolio is hands down one of the best tools for students to work with peers, parents, and community members through digital resources. The site was not only used for our class, but it can be used in our future. We worked as a class and peers to motivate each other throughout the semester commenting on the blogfolio as well.
- The concept map was a way to communicate relevant information by using many different pictures, words, and other types of digital-age media. The Inspiration 9 software can be changed into different documents, so that is may be distributed to other teachers, students, and parents.
- The turnitin assignment supports research learning because it locates, analyzes, and evaluates information through an emerging digital tool. It not only helps the students prevent plagiarism, but it also provides a way for teachers to check students work.
Future Learning Goal
I think these artifacts have lead me to a great future. I will continue to learn how to use technological systems like these in order to be a better teacher and co-worker. In the future, I hope to learn more about systems like Inspiration 9 and Turnitin in order to teach my students about the resources as well.