Design and Develop Digital-Age Learning Experiences and Assessments
Teachers design, develop, and evaluate authentic learning experiences and assessment incorporating contemporary tools and resources to maximize content learning in context and to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes identified in the NETS•S. Teachers:
- Design or adapt relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and resources to promote student learning and creativity.
- Develop technology-enriched learning environments that enable all students to pursue their individual curiosities and become active participants in setting their own educational goals, managing their own learning, and assessing their own progress.
- Customize and personalize learning activities to address students’ diverse learning styles, working strategies, and abilities using digital tools and resources.
- Provide students with multiple and varied formative and summative assessments aligned with content and technology standards and use resulting data to inform learning and teaching.
- The first part of the standard can be seen in the movie story project. Creativity and student learning was promoted as we made the video and had to adapt to a new learning experience that is relevant in today’s society. The movie took a creative mind, but also incorporate digital tools to be successful.
- The second part of the standard is seen throughout the whole blogfolio. This entire semester has been a learning environment where we, as students, had to set educational goals for ourselves in order to manage the blog and the learning outcomes of this class.
- The third part of the standard is seen in the online bookmark project. The bookmark was a great way for all students to engage in their specific learning styles while using digital resources and tools. In this class, we used TrackStar to create activities for the students.
- The final part of the standard is seen in the test and answer key that were created for an assignment. The resources used to create the test can be used to inform students learning and teaching because it provides multiple formative and summative assignments. The test maker has several different wants of creating a test designed with particular students in mind.
Future Learning Goal
I had never used many of the tools that I used in this standard. I plan to continue using these tools in order develop things for my future students. I hope to learn more about other ways of assessing students through technology as well.