Teachers use their knowledge of subject matter, teaching and learning, and technology to facilitate experiences that advance student learning, creativity, and innovation in both face-to-face and virtual environments. Teachers:
- Engage students in exploring real-world issues and solving authentic problems using digital tools and resources.
- Promote student reflection using collaborative tools to reveal and clarify students’ conceptual understanding and thinking, planning, and creative processes.
- Model collaborative knowledge construction by engaging in learning with students, colleagues, and others in face-to-face and virtual environments.
There are several artifacts to support standard one. Three projects that stand out in my mind are the Google group project, the concept map project, and the assistive technology project.
- The Google group project models the third part in the first standard. As a group, we work collaboratively together in different types of environments. The project required the team to work together to create a spreadsheet, PowerPoint, story, and survey. Each one of our parts was important, but we could not have done it without the team.
- The concept map is seen in the second part in the first standard. The concept map is a great tool for students to use to understand and think, plan, and use creative processes. We used Inspiration 9 software to put together a concept map using collaborative tools.
- The assistive technology assignment can be seen in the first part of the standard as it engaged the students in the classroom to explore real-world issues through digital tools and resources. This assignment walked a potential teacher through the steps to adjust settings on the desktop for students with disabilities.
Future Learning Goal
In the future, I hope to learn more how to work and communicate with people solely through technology. I hope to continue to learn about the many free resources that are available to me and my future students. I plan to use these tools in the future to add to my students potential living in a technological society.